The whole blogging community is divided on the issue of blog post frequency. There is no definite solution of this dilemma.
Many bloggers publish one post in a week and they are doing great job. Many others publish even more than one post daily and they are equally in top ranking. It means blog post frequency is not the sole criteria of your blogging success.
But still we need to decide how many post we should publish in a week.
How to fix your blog post frequency?
Publishing a post daily is the most desirable if you can maintain quality.
But writing one quality post daily is not so easy. It is possible if you have more than one content writer. For struggling bloggers it is not feasible to hire more than one writer.
Usually most of the bloggers write post themselves till they start earning money. So the most crucial period of your blogging is the beginning period when you strive to establish strong foundation of your blog.
Let’s have a look at merits and demerits of weekly and daily post.
Merits of publishing a daily post
- Visitors get a fresh content daily and it is more likely they become your returning visitors
- Google bots daily crawl your contents and refer them more to searchers (if your contents have quality)
- Rule of huge production applies here; it means if you get at least one visit for each of your 1,000 posts daily it means you get 1000 visitors daily
Demerits of publishing a daily post
- It is hard to maintain quality while writing a post daily
- Your email subscribers may get irritated to see one post daily in their inbox. It is more likely if your niche is not much interesting
- Repetition of ideas may occur because after all there is a limit of ideas in every field
- You don’t get much time to promote your each published post
Merits of publishing a weekly post
- You publish a high quality post that is more likely to go viral
- You have much time to promote it wherever it is possible
- You can convert your readers into your customer because it is more likely they read your weekly post completely
Demerits of weekly post
- Sometimes you have an idea of a post but can’t post it before weekly deadline while your competitor publish that idea before you
- Search engines don’t crawl your blog daily so they don’t refer your blog posts vehemently
- Your stock of posts remains lesser as compare to age of your blog
The best solution of blog post frequency
So it is better to adopt a mid-way. Two to three posts in a week is becoming popular. But do maintain your schedule. For two posts in a week; Monday and Thursday are best days.
For three posts in a week; one each should be on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Or you can publish in first three days Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday while promote two old posts on Thursday and Friday.
Your post on the day closer to weekend should be a little lighter in tone because mood of people change as weekend gets nearer.
On Monday your post must be the best one because people must surf on internet at the start of week.
On Wednesday you can publish a purely monetized post with sales pitch or product review because people gets involved in everything in the mid of the week.
So is your problem of blog post frequency solved? Just try first two posts per week and then go for three after maintaining grip on quality of your contents.
Meanwhile never forget to monitor traffic trends on your blog with Google Analytics to know the impact of your changed blog post frequency.
FREE DOWNLOAD Pro Bloggers Secret Formula To
Earn Money With Your Blog
I researched more than 50 high income blogs to know how pros are earning huge money with their blog.
Something went wrong.