Table of Contents
- Things to offer for free on your blog
- Failure to know what to sell
- Understanding what to offer for free
- What is a worth-selling product?
- Plan to create your product from today
- Create a database of available products
- Sell already available products on your blog
- Keep exploring what to create worth-selling
It is quite confusing to decide what to sell and what to offer free to your blog visitors.
It is generally observed bloggers start creating a product to just sell it. Their basic purpose is to create a product which they can sell to earn money with it and that’s all.
In fact their purpose should be to create a worth-selling product – a product that blog visitors love to buy. It should be the one that fully serves a given need of their blog readers.
So the main question arises what to sell to your blog visitors because not all stuff on a blog people love to buy.
You must have observed on different blogs so many attractive banner ads on prominent places, generous discount offers, and mouth-watering incentives like buy-one-get-two to make people buy a product.
They actually created a product that either does not fully serve a given need of their blog visitors or they have fixed its price quite higher than its value.
So the main question is how to decide what to sell and what to offer free to your blog visitors. For this purpose it is wise to first differentiate what are things which you don’t have any choice but to offer free.
Things to offer for free on your blog
All the things that are already available for free online can never be sold on price anywhere. If there is any value addition in it even then it can’t be sold at a fully fledged price and can be given as a gift in return of email subscription or its price could be like peanuts to show you are selling it but you can’t make big money with it.
It is observed that so many bloggers first created a product, marketed it with a lot of fanfare, fixed its quite higher price but ultimately started giving it out for free.
So to cover up their failure to sell more than a few copies of their product they initially offered it for free to their very loyal readers or distributed it to winners of a contest and then put it just as an incentive to make visitors be their email subscribers.
Failure to know what to sell
Actually they created a product that was not worth-selling. People might need it but were not ready to pay money for it. Usually people don’t want to pay money for getting a thing online if:
- A similar product with same features is already available somewhere
- So many other free or low-priced products have partial features of a product which they don’t want to buy
- Product’s price is quite higher than its value
Understanding what to offer for free
So it is must to be clear what to sell and what to offer free to your blog visitors. Basically following things can hardly be sold on your blog.
- Contents solving common problems related to a niche and that are also available on other blogs with free access to them.
- Ebook on an already covered stereotyped topic like how to boost blog traffic or just with a rephrased headline to allure the buyers
- A system that is nothing but a set of rules to follow to get any huge success but does not have any guarantee or previous evidence to success
- A plugin or theme that has nothing new to offer and just a replica of several other look-a-like products already being sold on low prices or being given out for free
- A set of tutorial offering nothing new and just a rephrasing of previously published material by several experts
- A tutorial on quite a unique solution but that is not well-tested and its utility is not as quicker as online people want as they mostly need fast results
- A product that instead of ensuring success; leaves most of the things on its user to make a big success with it; people need a solution that reduces burden on them and do many things by itself to help them achieve success.
For example all the products including tutorials, ebooks, guides, reports, plugins, themes or any other covering any of the above aspects could hardly be sold on price or even be sold on quite a lower price.
If you do another mistake of selling it through any platform like Amazon then after deducting the commission of that platform you would pocket still lower price next to nothing.
What is a worth-selling product?
So the best way is to take your full time to develop your own product that:
- Never be created ditto same earlier by someone else
- Must have a lot of unique points to offer that can’t be compared with other product online
- Does not simply have a unique packaging and people find the stuff inside it that they already have gotten on several other places
- Must solve a very distinct problem of your blog visitors related to your niche and its features have power to convince people that their problem must be solved with it.
Plan to create your product from today
For achieving the above milestones first decide from today you have to create your own product sooner or later.
- Products on content creation
- Traffic generation products
- Products on email list building,
- Monetization products
- And etc
Create a database of available products
Wherever you find a product being sold or given for free keep noting its following info to have a data-base of all the products related to your niche
- Product’s name
- Is it priced or free
- Features and
- Its URL address.
It looks quite burdensome to develop such a huge database. Don’t worry I don’t ask you to make the database of the product from the very beginning since the inception of blogging.
Just note down the products that were created in previous one or two years. The products created earlier than two years must have gone obsolete or their advance version must have arrived in the market.
Sell already available products on your blog
So whenever you come to know your blog readers are facing any kind of problem just look at the list and find a product that can best serve a specific need or solve a specific problem of your readers.
Check its details and give your offer to maker of the product for selling it on your blog on commission basis. If it’s already having an affiliate simply register there and sell it on your blog. Your purpose is to serve your level best to your readers and not to just sell any specific kind of product.
Keep exploring what to create worth-selling
Meanwhile keep exploring which product or kind of product is still not in the market which you can create to stand out in the crowd.
It does not require a rocket science. People want ease, people want fast results, people want permanent benefits so try making the one that makes most of the dreams of your readers come true.
It may be a highly technical plugin or just a text-based report of few pages. The shape, size and appearance of a product do not matter a lot in online world. Its benefits are more important for your blog readers.
It is the benefits that sell like hotcakes so make your mind from today to create a product by fully taking your time to best serve a given need of your customers and equally earning big money with it.
Now your take
Have you already created your own product or still trying to create the one?
Did you create your product all of a sudden or did it with a proper plan and by following a manufacturing process.
How your product is going on nowadays.
Or do you want to create your first or next product in near future?
Share your views with me and the wonderful community of this blog to help us learn more on this topic.
I am sure you would reshare this post on social media and help your friends take its full benefits and be clear on what to sell and what to offer free to their blog readers.
Want More Money Blogging Ideas?
Subscribe to our mailing list and get more contents like this into your inbox
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.